Equestrian Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHow did you become a fan of MLP? EmptyLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
Forum Home
Portal Page
Members
Calender
Groups
Search Forum

User Controls

Inbox
Sent Box
Edit Profile
Preferences
Signature
Quick Links
▎Forum Staff Index

Social Networks
Latest topics
» Payment Mistakes
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Rarity Thu May 15, 2014 7:08 pm

» Shops Feedback
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Rarity Thu May 15, 2014 6:57 pm

» The Bank
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Rarity Thu May 15, 2014 5:42 pm

» Shop Request Forms
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Rarity Thu May 15, 2014 5:40 pm

» Shop Information and Rules
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Rarity Thu May 15, 2014 5:39 pm

» Equestrian Empire Forum Guide
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Rarity Thu May 15, 2014 2:33 pm

» Theme/Layout feedback
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Mi Amora Cadenza Thu May 15, 2014 3:43 am

» Member Changes!
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Mi Amora Cadenza Thu May 15, 2014 3:39 am

» Forum Staff Index (WIP)
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Mi Amora Cadenza Thu May 15, 2014 3:29 am

» Equestrian Empire Rules
How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1by Rarity Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Ponychat
Pony Chat!
The chat is in the bottom right corner!

Rules:
1: be respectful - no mean ponies!
2: please don't spam or advertise.
3: all general forum rules apply.
4: have fun! :D
free forum

Affiliates
How did you become a fan of MLP? Mlp-fi10
How did you become a fan of MLP? Mcg-af10
How did you become a fan of MLP? Mrxx1dHow did you become a fan of MLP? Affila10
How did you become a fan of MLP? ButtonGraveyard_zpsf0f549fd
How did you become a fan of MLP? Tml-ba12

How did you become a fan of MLP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rarity
Mane Members & Moderators Admin
Rarity
Rarity
Mane Members & Moderators Admin Rarity

Coins : 501

How did you become a fan of MLP? Empty
PostSubject: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:07 am

So how did everyone come to know and love MLP? All gens count! Not just gen 4.

I loved MLP since I was a kid. I never watched the shows, but I had the toys. I used to take the ponies and make them sailor moon characters. I'm not sure which gen I had though. Last year I discover MLP: FIM and it rekindle my love for MLP. I've seen pictures on the internet and I was confused to why everyone was crazy over this show. Then one day I saw a fandub of a song on youtube and I thought why not? So I watched the show and I fallen in love with it! The writing is what really draws me. It reminds me of shows I watched as a kid.
Back to top Go down
Princess Celestia
Founder
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
FounderPrincess Celestia

Title : Princess of the Forums
Coins : 418

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:10 am

I have loved my little pony since I was a kid. I would watch it and cars bears every morning before school. My best friend Fluttershy has always loved the show and told me about friendship is magic, so I gave it a shot and fell in love with it all over again. I didn't really realize who my favorite character was until the end though. At first it was fluttershy but then twilight became my favorite character especially after her time traveling episode.
Back to top Go down
https://equestrianempire.forumotion.com
Roisa09
Unicorn
Roisa09
Unicorn

Coins : 0

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:13 am

I never watched MLP back in the early years. I was watching more boy stuff then girl. It was during season one People at my college were raving about MLP. I was refusing to watch it because it was MLP, a baby girl horse toy. For once I was going to be a bit more grown up since I am in to poke'mon and all that kind of stuff. My family looks down on me because of that. Months went by and late at night I HAD to see what the big deal was about. I couldn't diss it until I gave a shot. So I watch the first episode.... okay it was a continue so I have to watch the second one... Alright so far. So I thought to myself, Okay now you need to watch a few more to see what its regularly about. So I watch the 3rd, 4th, 5th....6th......7th...... and by the 8th episode I said "Crap! I'm a PegaSister!" And thats how I got hooked on the MLP:FIM drug.
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Rarity
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:15 am

It's a drugg!!! How did you become a fan of MLP? 4242038211

XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 am

I seen it floating around the internet, I was like 'hu, what is this all about?' So i watched it, i kind of liked first 2nd epsiodes well enough to make me watch more. I carried on watching, i told my ex-boyfriend. We started watching it together, then he broke up with me. This is when i started getting more into the fandom.
Back to top Go down
Roisa09
Unicorn
Roisa09
Unicorn

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:20 am

Oh yes. This is a drug! MLP:FiM is a drug! THink about how addicting it is!

Its okay Pinkie, I wish my boyfriend now would watch it with me.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer
Pegasus
Dreamer
Pegasus

Coins : 306

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:42 am

I've been in love with Mlp since I was very young. I have a bunch of Mlp toys too but I don't know what gen they are besides the FiM ones and I have some DVDs & VHS tapes. FiM only rekindled my love for Mlp and now I'm hooked like the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Soul
Earth Pony
Dusty Soul
Earth Pony

Coins : 100

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:09 am

I really wish I started watching the show earlier, but whatever I have it now. My friend was telling me about the show, and I wanted to see what it was all about. That's basically it. haha.
Back to top Go down
Cloudchaser
Earth Pony
Cloudchaser
Earth Pony

Coins : 200

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:00 pm

I think I'm the only dude on this forum /awkward

Anyways, my friends said watch this. So I did and I was like "are you kidding?" Then a little while later, he told me to watch it again and I did, and then another, and another, and another, the end of next month'll be a year
Back to top Go down
Roisa09
Unicorn
Roisa09
Unicorn

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:06 pm

You fell for it just like me. XD
Back to top Go down
Dreamer
Pegasus
Dreamer
Pegasus

Coins : 306

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Applejack
Mane Moderator
Apple Jack
Applejack
Mane ModeratorApple Jack

Coins : 330

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:05 pm

I use to like MLP when I was younger, I soon got over it.
However Sailor Moon was always there to open me to new and brighter things.
I've been frequenting SM forums recently, specifically GC. I wasn't going to get into
it because well it got so popular and I try to stay away from ...
Homestuck popular stuff (yuck). But I saw a bunch of people on GC recommending it
and I watched Friendship is Magic just to give it a chance.

1st episode cute, but totally could have been the story plot for the first season.
Kept watching, and then I hit episode 4.
OMG, "Applebuck Season" made me laugh soo hard, it about made me cry.
Pinkie and AppleJack got me so hard. XD
Stuck on it ever since now. lol
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Rarity
Rarity

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Yeah I had to watch a few episodes as well before I was hooked into MLP:FIM. I agree the whole season or maybe the first few episodes could have been a mini Nightmare Moon arc.
Back to top Go down
wonderbolt
Earth Pony
wonderbolt
Earth Pony

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:09 pm

I was a MLP fan when I was younger, I still have my toys. I had forgotten about it until my best friend told me that I need to watch the show and within the first couple minutes of the first episode I was hooked
Back to top Go down
Mi Amora Cadenza
Mane Role Play & Graphics Admin
Mi Amora Cadenza
Mi Amora Cadenza
Mane Role Play & Graphics AdminMi Amora Cadenza

Title : Hollywood Pirate Queen In Space!!
Coins : 510

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:13 pm

I've always been a fan and when i heard they were sort of rebooting the series i knew i would be in love right then. I collect the toys and i have quite a few around somewhere or maybe i donated them, i disremember but i did have several. I love MLP and I've always had a place for it in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling
Earth Pony
Digital Changeling
Earth Pony

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:28 pm

I've only known the 4th gen of MLP. Before FIM, I had no idea what that was. Toys like those don't find their way here. It's either barbie dolls or stuff from shows aired here. Plus I don't go out much, so there's a factor.

In the RP site which I simply love and turned into somewhat like a home, we had this guy who had Rainbow Dash in his sig sitting on a cloud, being lazy and doing what she does. That didn't trigger my senses. I've ran into some people over the net who simply talked down the show. That's what got my attention.

Funny how the people who hate the show the most often ropes in others to love it. In the summer of 2012 I was overcome with boredom, so I said "Let's see what the big deal is." I went to youtube and searched out the show. Of course I did this while no one was in the room, and I often only watched it when I was alone. Anyway, I saw the first episode and I said "Not half bad."

I watched the second episode and before I knew it, I watched half of the first season. Eventually I ran out of episodes to watch. Over the course of three weeks or so, I watched the whole 1st and 2nd season and had to suffer the wait for the 3rd. Now I find myself suffering again, waiting for the 4th season :D
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Earth Pony

Earth Pony

Coins : 62

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:55 am

Was looking up the old MLP on Google. FiM was in the suggestions, so I watched it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you become a fan of MLP?   How did you become a fan of MLP? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How did you become a fan of MLP?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equestrian Empire :: Ponyville :: General Pony Discussion-
ChatBox